Monday, February 8, 2010

Computer Virus Internet Security 2010

I recieved a call from my mother-in-law a week ago about this software on her computer called Internet Security 2010. I went over there to check it out and I was floored. It shut her computer down. I have 10+ years of computer experience and I am currently going to ITT for a degree in Information Systems Administrator, so I thought this would be no problem for me. I tried to run a virus scan and tried to delete it on my own, but could not. The virus software could not recognize the software and infected everything. I could not get any program to run. So I decided to restore her computer to a different date, but it would not let me do it. So the next thing I did was insert her XP disk and shut the computer off and restart it and completely dump the hard drive and start over. The computer was fine after that, until a few days later she got on her computer and she got the same virus again. I was able to find out why she kept getting the virus. The computer was preinstalled, just like most computers you buy. The company did not put on windows defender, which should have been on there. Windows defender keeps unwanted software from getting into your computer. Make sure you check your computer to see if you have windows defender. It is free to install if you do not have this on microsofts website.

No comments:

 
Free Advertising